Thursday, October 10, 2013

THE BEST MONTH EVER INVENTED -- TOP TEN SONGS ABOUT OCTOBER

Dude, this is the best month ever.
Back when I was a Texan, I used to love October because it meant the end of a five-month long onslaught of heat and rattlesnakes and dust storms and hyperbole. I mean, October came and we could finally get it down into the nineties for a while before Thanksgiving.
Now that I'm a North Carolinian, autumn means something totally new to me. This shit where the leaves change colors is amazing. (In Texas, leaves turn brown then fall off) The weather is perfect. And may I say, everything is HAUNTED, which makes it better.
(PERSONAL NOTE: I was pleased as punch that the production of my first film FOODIE (dir. by Christopher G. Moore) was pushed back into Fall which allowed us to get very colorful exteriors ... happy circumstance!)
Fall... while it may not be the best month to hide a body, it's an awesome month for the body to come back to life to exact revenge. While it may not be the optimal gift-giving month, it is perfectly acceptable for those "horror-inclined." As I said earlier, it is the median between the hot and the cold. The bridge between life and death.
All of which culminates with Halloween on the 31st. Halloween is the very epitome of bittersweet, as we see the end of the greatest month, all celebrated with a mighty holiday.
I'm getting choked up.
Turn on the music.

TOP TEN SONGS ABOUT OCTOBER
 
10. "Creep in the Cellar" by The Butthole Surfers

 
8. "This Haunted House" by Loretta Lynn

 
7. "Evil" by Howlin' Wolf
 
6. "Voodoo Boogie" by J.B. Lenoir
 
5. "Spider's Nest Blues" by Memphis Jug Band
 
4. "Everyday Is Halloween" by Ministry
 
3. "Halloween" by Siouxie and the Banshees
 
2. "Creepy" by The Mission Creeps
 
1. "Halloween All the Time" by The Pine Hill Haints
This song doesn't have a video online, but I strongly recommend you buy the track if you can. It's on the To Win or to Lose album and, as is the case with all of their music, is definitely worth a purchase. In it's place, I am substituting a worthy replacement, "Walkin Talkin Deadman."
 
Did I miss any of your favorites? Please let me know in the comments below!
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment